OYB: APR 21


boots
=====================
Joshua 22:26-27
Therefore we said, 'Let us now build an altar, not for burnt offering, nor for sacrifice, but to be a witness between us and you, and between our generations after us, that we do perform the service of the LORD in his presence with our burnt offerings and sacrifices and peace offerings, so your children will not say to our children in time to come, "You have no portion in the LORD."'

Joshua 23:12-13
For if you turn back and cling to the remnant of these nations remaining among you and make marriages with them, so that you associate with them and they with you, know for certain that the LORD your God will no longer drive out these nations before you, but they shall be a snare and a trap for you, a whip on your sides and thorns in your eyes, until you perish from off this good ground that the LORD your God has given you.

Psalm 89:27
And I will make him the firstborn,
the highest of the kings of the earth.


Psalm 89:30-33
If his children forsake my law
and do not walk according to my rules,
if they violate my statutes
and do not keep my commandments,
then I will punish their transgression with the rod
and their iniquity with stripes,
but I will not remove from him my steadfast love
or be false to my faithfulness.



purity
is serious
business.

yet we are stained
and stain ourselves:
attitudes,
priorities
all out of whack.

good thing hesed remains
despite us.

Joshua 22:21-23:16 ~ Luke 20:27-47
Psalm 89:14-37 ~ Proverbs 13:17-19


Tag(s):

“Unless otherwise noted Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.” http://www.esv.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment