BIBLE 'TIL I'M DONE: MAY 19


1 Samuel 28:14-31:13
2 Samuel 1:1-16

Okay, before I wax serious, this phrase made me (a USA suburbanite) laugh:
1 Samuel 28:24
Now the woman had a fattened calf in the house
============================
2 Samuel 1:14-16
David said to him, "How is it you were not afraid to put out your hand to destroy the LORD's anointed?" Then David called one of the young men and said, "Go, execute him." And he struck him down so that he died. And David said to him, "Your blood be on your head, for your own mouth has testified against you, saying, 'I have killed the LORD's anointed.'"


David
is really,
REALLY
reminding me of
Yaconelli's Messy Christianity



Tag(s):

“Unless otherwise noted Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.” http://www.esv.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment