“Syria…Galilee…Decapolis…Jerusalem…Judea…beyond the Jordan”
- In the context of Matthew’s Gospel, the range of places mentioned is significant. Do we have here glimmers of the broken down wall of Ephesians 2?
- What does teaching look like if teachers maintain Jesus’ trajectory?
- Teaching, proclaiming, and healing all sorts
- All sortsfor healing
- Therefore, Jesus sat down to teach.
I serve a God who teaches, proclaims the kingdom to, and heals all sorts. Then he sits down to teach all who come.
This passage seems to cry out for immoderate, outward traveling teaching, proclamation, and healing. I wonder what this looks like, for I do not think any church I have been part of truly practices such immoderate outreach. So, here’s a small what if:
- What if TFB practiced active, immoderate outreach ministries that taught truth, proclaimed God’s rule, and healed bodies and souls?
- What if TFB intentionally focused on-campus programs on teaching whoever came to learn—by whatever means most effective?
- In other words, what if outreach was truly OUT?
- What if we equipped our people with the skills of whole life, Spirit-filled, Jesus-following 24-7 ministry?
- What if we stopped relying on professionals and started relying on God?
- What if…?
See CC License
Unless otherwise noted Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved. http://www.esv.org/