WHAT ABOUT THE LOOSELY CONNECTED?

DSCF2705
"I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one, I in them and you in me, that they may become perfectly one, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them even as you loved me.

John 17:20-23 ESV
Thoughts after a short lectio on verse 22

  1. There is one who hangs on by a thread. Disappointment and hurt have made trust too difficult and habit too easy. This one remains attached, but the connection is in constant danger of destruction. something must be done.
  2. We are loved by the Father as the Son is loved by the Father. This love creates our oneness. This is a real, palpable thing. It is who we are.
  3. Why does this one not know this truth? Why and how are we failing to communicate this? How must repentance and confession be accomplished?

Tag(s):

See CC License


“Unless otherwise noted Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.” http://www.esv.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment