HUMBLE-CONTRITE-TREMBLING

Tomorrow, Talbot School of Theology holds is Fall 2007 Convocation. While the fall term started last Wednesday--the day when I entered "academic time" and the enjoyments of regular time are set aside (more on that later)--Convocation stands as the beginning point. Our dean, Dr. Dirks, will be speaking on "Humble, Contrite, and Trembling" (his passage is below). For me, this marks the beginning of the end of my Master of Theology program: the writing of the thesis draft. I have entered this process with excitement and fear. Tomorrow at 9:30 AM PDT, I will place myself under Dr. Dirks' teaching and I expect my (somewhat self-centered) excitement and fear to be chastened and corrected by the Word.

Thus says the LORD:

"Heaven is my throne,
and the earth is my footstool;
what is the house that you would build for me,
and what is the place of my rest?
All these things my hand has made,
and so all these things came to be,

declares the LORD.

But this is the one to whom I will look:
he who is humble and contrite in spirit
and trembles at my word.

Isaiah 66:1-2


Blessed are you, Father, Son, Spirit, who has given us your Word and Yourself. I ask you to chasten my heart that I might reach and stretch for you.


Tag(s):

See CC License


“Unless otherwise noted Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.” http://www.esv.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment