- 1 can coconut milk, reduced by half
- 1 yellow onion, fine dice, cooked in coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 8 ounces Feta cheese
- 2 pounds 15% ground beef
- Saute onion until beginning to brown.
- Add coconut milk and reduce until water is gone.
- Allow coconut milk and onion mixture cool.
- Add cardamom.
- Combine mixture into ground beef.
- Crumble and add feta to ground beef, mixing well.
- Pan fry in oil, about 3-4 minutes on each side, or according to preference.
- NOTE: Do not, I repeat, do not smash the burger in the pan. That squishes out the yummy juices! Just put it in and let it fry until it's time to turn it over. Turn it. Then leave it until it's time to take it out. (sorry for the little rant...)
Makes 5 big burgers
Twitter - Facebook