- 1 dz range fed, organic eggs, medium boiled
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 24 slices uncured bacon, 12 fine chop, 12 whole
- 1 t pumpkin pie spice
- Boil the eggs to medium: boil for 5 minutes, turn off heat, let sit in hot water for 3 minutes, cool quickly with cold water; peel.
- Combine turkey, the chopped bacon, and pumpkin pie spice. Let sit a bit to allow the flavors to meld.
- Divide the ground meat into 12 equal portions.
- Make each portion into a thin patty (use your hands).
- Carefully wrap the peeled, boiled egg in the patty.
- Wrap one whole slice of bacon around each wrapped egg.
- Bake at 400 F for 30 minutes.
- Share with friends.
What I would change
- More pumpkin pie spice. It was there, but too far in the background for my taste. Maybe 2 teaspoons?
- Boil the eggs for 5+2, to allow for even more creaminess when baked.
- Bake long enough to get a bit more crisp on the bacon.
Nutrition per egg via FitDay
Note: You can read more about Scotch Eggs on wikipedia.
Twitter - Facebook