Fresh Goat Cheese1 qt Goat milk
2 T Vinegar (apple cider vinegar is best)
- Heat goat milk to 110 F.
- Stir in vinegar.
- Allow the mixture to rest until the milk solids separate from the whey
- Strain through cheese cloth (overnight in the frig is best).
- Retain the whey for soups (or drink it...yum!).
- grass-fed steak, 12 oz
- 1/2 c Grade B Maple Syrup
- 1 t Hickory Seasoning Liquid Smoke
- 1 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 T Kerrygold unsalted butter
- Cut steak in serving portions (~3 oz)
- Combine syrup, liquid smoke, and Worcestershire sauce and place in ziptop bag
- Put steak pieces in the marinade and let sit for at least an hour
- If you placed the steak in the frig, allow it to come to room temperature.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium heat (seriously, medium, no hotter).
- Melt the butter in the pan; it should not smoke (or if so, only a very little).
- Place the steak pieces in the pan and cook each side for 2 minutes (for rare).
- DO NOT TOUCH THE STEAK UNTIL THE 2 MINUTES HAVE PASSED.
- DO NOT SQUISH THE STEAK!!
- Remove the beautiful steaks from the pan and let them rest for a minute or so.
- Plate with fresh goat cheese, pan drippings, and enjoyment.
Twitter - Facebook