The formal freedom of our connectedness

Things occur to me as I walk to and from the bus. The other day, as I passed the near barren trees at Biola's entrance, I was reminded of connectedness.

Sometimes, we think that connections are rigid things like organizational charts, with boxes and straight lines. But this is not the case. Trees are an example: their branches and twigs are connected in a way that is always treelike. We recognize the shape as if it were always the same. But in reality, each tree is different. The connections are clearly tree-type connections, but each bears its own individuality.

Our connectedness is like this. we have human-type connections, but each connection bears the uniqueness of those who are connected.

I think of our connectedness with Christ and one another and wonder, what does this look like? Do I take the time to notice?

--- Twitter - Facebook
(C) Laura Springer
Creative Commons License
Laura's Writings by Laura Springer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

No comments:

Post a Comment