THEODICY... LIVE AND DIRECT...the end of the story

Sunday, February 13, at 8:25 in the morning, my friend finished life on earth. Left behind are family, friends, and co-workers touched by an amazing life.

I will continue to protect identity, out of respect for family and friends that have priority in such things, but here is my take on my friend's legacy.


Psalm 69 could have been a theme passage for the past decade or so. Physical pain (and I am sure emotional pain) were constant companions. In times alone with God, I am sure the cry came:
Save me, O God!
For the waters have come up to my neck.
I sink in deep mire,
where there is no foothold;
I have come into deep waters,
and the flood sweeps over me.
I am weary with my crying out;
my throat is parched.
My eyes grow dim
with waiting for my God.
Despite pain and seemingly unanswered prayers, in times with others, the constant chorus was more like verse 30:
I will praise the name of God with a song;
I will magnify him with thanksgiving.
A sign of the legacy came in the obit email: "...will be remembered for her courage and cheerful spirit despite many medical problems" Even on those days when the dying fingers must have ached to the bone and beyond, grace, faith, and cheer were the constant. Amazing.

Yesterday, my friend received the answer to the cry, Save me, O God! For now healing--physical and spiritual--has been consummated.
Kingdom come... yes, God, kingdom come...

Read the previous post at Laura's Writings: THEODICY... LIVE AND DIRECT

No comments:

Post a Comment