SPLAT POETRY: GOD'S WORD THRU JOEL

Joel 1:1
God's word
not mine
is what came to me,
me, child of my fathers.
So, listen up.

Joel 1:2-12
here it goes:
all your wealth?
gone
taken by enemies!
joy?
gone
hope?
gone
only one thing left:
cry-weep-wail

Joel 1:13-20
you know why your wealth is gone?
'cause you stopped giving my portion
that's how it works.
the hole you use to give to me?
I use the same hole to give back.
bummer, huh?
so, you, religious leaders,
shepherds,
go cry a bit
'cause you messed up.

Joel 2:1-11
sound the shofar
the day of Yahweh is coming
locust-armies,
like shadows,
cover the hills,
swarming upon your cities,
invincible.
nothing stops them--
Yahweh's army, Yahweh's voice--
who can endure?

Joel 2:12-17
sound the shofar
gather the people
all ages
priests, honeymooners, babies
break your hearts at my altar
then maybe,
just maybe,
I'll leave blessing behind the justice,
piles of grace, mercy, steadfast love

Joel 2:18-27
then Yahweh's passion flared up,
passion for his people
passion for his land.
locust-destroyed land-wealth
returns:
abundance.
My people
My name
My land
My steadfast love

Joel 2:28-32

what's all this?
an ahead-shadow of reality.
one day all Yahweh-callers
get Spirit-poured
then the day of Yahweh comes
and it's not little locusts.
all creation: my army.
when my wrath flows
no way out but one:
call on the name of Yahweh

Joel 3:1-16
then abundance piles up
on My people
but others,
Yahweh-haters
piles of wrath,
earned,
destroyed by Yahweh's voice.
My people?
in My hand:
safe!

Joel 3:17-21
then you'll get life-knowledge,
“Yahweh is our God!”
abundance,
flowing out everywhere,
Yahweh-haters?
gone
hopelessness?
gone
what's left?
Me...more than enough

No comments:

Post a Comment