OYB: JAN 11

updated
Genesis 24:52-26:16 ~ Matthew 8:18-34 ~ Psalm 10:1-15 ~ Proverbs 3:7-8

Genesis 26:5 Abraham obeyed my voice and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
It's an odd thing, is it not, that Abraham kept commandments, statutes, and laws that had not yet been given? Of course, Moses wrote the Torah so he knew of the laws. Sailhamer (I think rightly) says that this passage (along with Numbers 20:11-13) gives evidence of a key theme in the Torah: faith. Abraham is called a law-keeper because of his faith, while Moses (the law-giver) is not allowed to enter the promised land because of his lack of faith.

HAIRY ESAU
I watched an episode of CSI today that dealt with werewolf people. (It also happened to distract me from my reading.) Then in today's Genesis passage I read:

The first came out red, all his body like a hairy cloak, so they called his name Esau. (25:25)
I wonder, did Esau suffer from Congenital hypertrichosis universalis? This is the genetic disorder that "is characterised by excessive hair growth over most of the body, including the face." Hmmm


OYB Blog for Jan 11


Tag(s):

“Unless otherwise noted Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.” http://www.esv.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment