OYB: JAN 23

OYB Blog: Jan 23
Genesis 46:1-47:31Matthew 15:1-28 ~ Psalm 19:1-14 ~ Proverbs 4:14-19

Genesis 46:3-4
Then he said, "I am God, the God of your father. Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for there I will make you into a great nation. I myself will go down with you to Egypt, and I will also bring you up again, and Joseph's hand shall close your eyes."
God again reaffirms his intention to create a people for himself. While this statement seems vague, it has behind it all the promises so far, especially Genesis 12, 15, and 17. I wonder what the Israelites thought about and felt when they heard and read Moses' recounting of God's intention to keep his promise. It must have given context to their experiences in Egypt. Such God-focused storytelling is an important component of any faith community. I wish we did more.


Tag(s):

“Unless otherwise noted Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.” http://www.esv.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment