OYB: JAN 25

OYB Blog: Jan 25
Genesis 50:1 ~ Exodus 2:10 ~ Matthew 16:13-17:9 ~ Psalm 21:1-13 ~ Proverbs 5:1-6

Genesis 50:24
And Joseph said to his brothers, "I am about to die, but God will visit you and bring you up out of this land to the land that he swore to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob."
Reading this, I wondered if Joseph knew Yahweh's promise to Abraham:

Genesis 15:13
Then the LORD said to Abram, "Know for certain that your offspring will be sojourners in a land that is not theirs and will be servants there, and they will be afflicted for four hundred years.
Had the story been passed down through the generations? Did they know that coming to Egypt might eventually mean slavery?

Psalm 21:7
For the king trusts in the LORD,
and through the steadfast love of the Most High he shall not be moved.
I am realizing more and more that God's decision to love me no matter what is the source of strength. My skill, knowledge, passion, whatever are nothing without connection to him. The Wisdom of Tenderness is a book that acted as God's 2x4. In it Brennan Manning asks the question: “Do I wholeheartedly trust that God likes me?” (p. 17). I know he loves me and I am beginning to understand that God actually likes me. There is great strength in this knowledge...especially for someone who is just a tad odd and more than a bit bookish.

Tag(s):

“Unless otherwise noted Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.” http://www.esv.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment