KITTIE GHOST


the boy2
Originally uploaded by LauraS.
First off, no, I do not believe the boy is actually 'haunting' the house.

On the other hand, memory is a funny thing. I came home with chili fries the other day and as I turned the key in the door I could have sworn the boy was just inside the door, yearning for a taste of that greasy chili. But then I remembered...he's gone. Shadows flick past the corner of my eye and for a split second, I wonder what he's up to now. Then I remember...he's gone. I come down the stairs in the morning and think to myself, "Remember to check his water..." But then I remember...he's gone.

Memory is a funny thing. I wonder, will the kittie ghost ever fade? Or will he be joined by two flesh and blood kittens (once kitten season is in full swing)? And, if this is how one remembers a dead pet, how does one handle a dead spouse or child? I have no idea....

More pictures of the boy on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment