BIBLE 'TIL I'M DONE: MAY 30


2 Samuel 6:20-23
And David returned to bless his household. But Michal the daughter of Saul came out to meet David and said, "How the king of Israel honored himself today, uncovering himself today before the eyes of his servants' female servants, as one of the vulgar fellows shamelessly uncovers himself!" And David said to Michal, "It was before the LORD, who chose me above your father and above all his house, to appoint me as prince over Israel, the people of the LORD--and I will make merry before the LORD. I will make myself yet more contemptible than this, and I will be abased in your eyes. But by the female servants of whom you have spoken, by them I shall be held in honor." And Michal the daughter of Saul had no child to the day of her death.


honor,
time tested
by thirty.

heart
after Yahweh's
heart
yet still
heaping up wives.

but yet seeking,
following hard.
undie-praise deemed
dishonorable
and the dishonoring one
reaps the judgment.

and the dancer dances,
his honor intact...
for now,
signs of doom hidden.

Tag(s):

“Unless otherwise noted Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.” http://www.esv.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment