LIVE LIKE YA MEAN IT

MORE CHUNK READING IN 2 TIMOTHY
2 Timothy 1:7
for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:9a
[God] who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace...

A letter by Pseudonymous Paulus Laurus

Timothy,

I know life in ministry sucks for you right now. It sucks for me, too. But God is good and God is great. We dare not do anything less than thank him with words, thoughts, intentions, and actions. He has given us so much--so much that I think—no, I know--I shall be able to contain neither it nor myself.

I’m stuck here on death row. I know my number’s up soon. Even so, look around and see God’s Word acting beyond what any human could even consider.

Then there’s you, over in Ephesus, surrounded by theological liars, arguing about stupid “special knowledge” and saying that anything goes. I know you feel pummeled, but I know you know the truth about God and the truth about your calling. So, I say to you what I say to myself: Act like it!

God is great and God is good, and his grace is more than we will ever need. Even when life sucks, our lives don’t suck.

Live like ya mean it.

Paul

Tag(s):

“Unless otherwise noted Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.” http://www.esv.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment