KNOWN BY THE KNOWER

tenebrae04 stairs station 3
O LORD, you have searched me and known me!

Where shall I go from your Spirit?
Or where shall I flee from your presence?

For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.

Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God!
O men of blood, depart from me!

Search me, O God, and know my heart!
Psalm 139:1, 7, 13, 19, 23a



Our intellectual knowledge of God is good,
but cannot make us like Jesus.

Our emotional knowledge of God is good,
but cannot make us like Jesus.

Our experiential knowledge of God is good,
but cannot make us like Jesus.



Knowledge of God is good; in fact, God commands it. Nevertheless, it cannot make us like Jesus. Only one kind of knowledge can make us like Jesus: God’s knowledge of us. His intellectual-knowledge searches to the core of our being, knowing thoughts and intentions more deeply and more fully than we know them ourselves. His presence-knowledge knows us wherever we are and whatever we are doing. Wherever we are, he is. His creator-knowledge know us from before the sperm met the egg, knows us from cell to soul. His justice-knowledge knows our glory and our crap.

God has searched us and known us and he will search us and know us when we give up and know that he is God. His knowing makes us his.

God, we know who you are. We know you know us. Help us to remember, aloud and often, declaring your person in our gatherings and in our communities. Thank you that as we are known by you we become like you.


Tag(s):

See CC License

“Unless otherwise noted Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.” http://www.esv.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment