Random thoughts flowing from a lectio on 2 Timothy 3:1-9
- If Timothy had to be warned of last day’s stench, how much more do we?
- The make-me-happy, entertainment culture of some churches makes God sick.
- The I’m-not-getting-my-needs-met mentality of some alleged Christ-followers makes God sick.
- The just-pray-about-it apathy of some church leader’s makes God sick.
- The but-they-have-such-heart justification of some ministry leaders makes God sick.
- The self-righteous, they-won’t-do-what-I-say complaints of some influential Christians make God sick.
- The arrogant, narrow pronouncements of theology students make God sick.
Something stinks in the church. Yes, God is in control. But, he has called us to be his partners, and if the stink is making God sick, then what is it doing to us?
God, help me be discerning and brave, while remaining loving.
See CC License
“Unless otherwise noted Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.” http://www.esv.org/