EXPOSITION LIVED AND TAUGHT

DSCF2102
2 Timothy 3:14-15 lks
But you remain in what you learned and were firmly persuaded, knowing from whom you learned, and that from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, the ones which are able to make you wise unto salvation by means of trust in the Anointed One.

2 Timothy 3:10-17

I know too much.

I do not know enough.

Oddly, both statements are true.

As a holder of a Master of Divinity, I have more education than the great bulk of humanity. Sometimes that education becomes rote processes, intellectual processes, uncritical processes.

Knowledge is much more than intellectual. Before information becomes knowledge, it passes through an emotional grid. Only what I care about gets through to the intellect. The intellect then takes over, processing the information with a great variety of tools. Even now, the informational processing, the information is added to the mental construction already located in the memory. The new information may also do some remodeling of the mental construction.

Now the information is knowledge. Now it can be lived.

I do not know enough because too often I neglect processing time and the great variety of tools available. I do now know enough because I do not spend enough time in community, participating in the lived and taught exposition of Scripture. I do not know enough because I trust myself too much, I trust my students too little, and I am often too afraid to risk.


Tag(s):

See CC License


“Unless otherwise noted Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.” http://www.esv.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment