PREACHING, SUNUKJIAN STYLE

I just bought this book as a gift for a friend and highly recommend it.

Invitation to Biblical Preaching: Proclaiming Truth with Clarity and Relevance
by Donald R. Sunukjian
376 pages
Publisher: Kregel Academic & Professional; 1 edition (March 1, 2007)


This is the first book by Talbot's preaching professor, written after years of classroom and pulpit refinement. I took Sunukjian's class back in my M.Div. program. Sunukjian teaches an expository preaching process that bears no resemblance to the tedious, data-filled, word-by-word stuff that probably just popped into your mind. His process is clear, well thought out, and firmly based in Scripture and communication theory. Following his process, my required internship sermon was clear and relevant--and, mind you, I'm not a preacher...at all.

If you preach, get this book. Read it. Do it.


Tag(s):

See CC License

No comments:

Post a Comment