YES, I PLAY MANY INSTRUMENTS

Psalm 150

Praise the LORD!Praise God in his sanctuary;

praise him in his mighty heavens!
Praise him for his mighty deeds;
praise him according to his excellent greatness!

Praise him with trumpet sound;
praise him with lute and harp!
Praise him with tambourine and dance;
praise him with strings and pipe!
Praise him with sounding cymbals;
praise him with loud clashing cymbals!
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!


Yesterday in worship band, I played cello (which I received for my birthday this past spring) in public for the first time since 1978. I have been practicing scales, etc for months now. I was quite nervous, but did well...considering the nearly 30 years since the last performance.

What prompts this post is the number of folks coming up after service and asking, "Is there anything you don't play?"

Well, honestly, I do play a lot of instruments (see the new list in the sidebar), but there is one instrument that remains and ever shall remain my nemesis: the piano. I took lessons as a child. I took lessons as a young college student. I took lessons as an early thirty-something. I still cannot play the piano. I have given up on it, and I am happier for it. (I can play triads and scales, but trust me, that does not count as playing the piano.)

Of course, I also do not play horns, reeds, or percussion. And there are many in the string and flute families I've not gotten to yet (nothing has caught my eye yet...ideas?).

Tag(s):

See CC License


“Unless otherwise noted Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.” http://www.esv.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment