Reflections on TFB's June 1, 2008 Sunday sermon.
Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.
- Yahweh is the covenant-making God
- the heart is the decision-making center
- trust is a decided act
- our screwy perspective misunderstands much, so we are NOT to rely on our own understanding
- acknowledging Yahweh is behavioral knowledge NOT mental ("ways")
- THEREFORE, God levels our path
When we truly know him, we will trust him. It is not something we need to work up or struggle at. Trusting is a natural outflow. Knowing him--that's tough.
Tag(s): sermon wisdom responsibility
See CC License
Unless otherwise noted Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved. http://www.esv.org/