I'D RATHER WOE MYSELF


Woe to those who join house to house...
Woe to those who rise early in the morning,
that they may run after strong drink...
Woe to those who draw iniquity with cords of falsehood...
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil...
Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes...
Woe to those who are heroes at drinking wine...

And I said: "Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!"

Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a burning coal that he had taken with tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth and said: "Behold, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away, and your sin atoned for."
Isaiah 5:8-24; 6:5-7
The unnamed rebellion
festers, as arrogance covers its tracks,
earning exile.

The named uncleanness
humbles, as sacrifice removes its traces,
receiving atonement.

Tag(s):

No comments:

Post a Comment