1 packet of kefir starter
1/2 c dried, unsweetened coconut meat
enough boiling water to cover the coconut meat
- Boil water and pour over coconut meat; let sit until softened. Let cool to ~80 F.
- Heat coconut water to ~140 F, then cool to ~80 F.
- Using an immersion blender (or standard blender), pulverize the softened coconut meat to release the yummy coconut milk.
- Mix a bit of the cooled coconut water with the contents of the starter packet to rehydrate.
- Combine all ingredients (I leave the meat in the beverage for use later).
- Allow the mixture to sit at room temperature for at least 18 hours, or until a desired sourness is attained.
With a scoop of 100% whey, this makes for a great primal replacement breakfast.
NOTE: After I've consumed the beverage, I drain the remaining coconut meat for use in other recipes...good stuff.
Twitter - Facebook