Holy Time Has Begun: Fall 2009

For the first time since the spring term in 2008, I have once again entered holy time as of 8/26/09. In keeping with Biola requirement and personal conviction (truth-telling and promise-keeping), I abstain from alcoholic beverages during the school term. My last glass for regular time was a lovely smoked porter from Stone (a beautiful thing).

Agreement with the requirement is irrelevant: this school is worth at least this small sacrifice. Despite my desire for policy change (in case you missed the subtle hint in the last sentence), I have found the discipline to be helpful, as it experientially reminds me that my academic life is an offering to God.

If they ever change the rule for grad students, I can honestly say I don't know how I will respond.


---
Twitter - Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment