Prayer for the Infirm and Lonely

God,
all in existence depends on you.
I ask you to give health to those
who suffer the body's rebellion.
I thank you for wisdom,
gained over centuries and across cultures,
working within your created systems,
to bring health, sufficient
not only for daily tasks,
but also for periodic enjoyment of your bounty.

God,
we, your people, walk together toward you.
I ask you to grow hospitality in those,
who suffer the soul's unwilling disconnection.
I thank you for humanity's relational nature,
yearning for the other,
building neighborhoods wherever we give love,
forming community
shoulder to shoulder
and heart to heart.

God,
you give deep purpose to our ordinary lives.
I ask that you use these,
your infirm and lonely ones.
I thank you for the wealth of possibilities,
worked out in every facet of life,
giving back our skills and capacities
as offerings to you
as we serve and guard nature
and walk and work with one another.

Previously posted in August 2009.

---
Twitter - Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment