Taking the Primal Challenge

Short and sweet, as I'm sleepy after a tough day enjoying the zoo, picnicking with office friends, and generally relaxing at Irvine Regional Park.

The Primal Health Challenge started today. While I'm doing well on most points, but I've either slacked or not really started 2, 3, and 5, so they will be the focus of my challenge this month.

I plan to break through the current weight plateau, increase lean mass, and feel even better.

I will do this by
  • Walking at least one mile each weekday morning
  • Engaging in intense strength training for at least 10 minutes each week
  • Sleeping at least 6.5 hours per night (this is up from 5-5.5, horrible, I know)

The 10 Elements of the Primal Blueprint
1. Eat lots of animals, insects and plants.
2. Move around a lot at a slow pace.
3. Lift heavy things.
4. Run really fast every once in a while.
5. Get lots of sleep.
6. Play.
7. Get some sunlight every day.
8. Avoid trauma.
9. Avoid poisonous things.
10. Use your mind.


---
Twitter - Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment