- 1/2 cup Ruth's Pomegranate Jelly
- 1/2 t cardamom, freshly ground
- 1/2 t black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 T Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 whole chicken legs
- Sea salt to taste
- Combine freshly ground cardamom with 2 tablespoons of the jelly and all the coconut oil.
- Heat slightly to melt jelly.
- Whisk ingredients: this is the marinade.
- Place chicken in a zip top bag and add marinade.
- Remove as much air as possible and sit in the refrigerator for three hours or more.
- Heat the oven to 500 F.
- Place chicken in an oiled oven-safe fry pan, sprinkle with sea salt, and place pan in oven on middle rack. Cook 5 minutes at 500 F.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 F and cook until the inner temperature of the chicken reaches 165 F.
- Move pan to stove top, remove chicken to a platter, and turn burner on high.
- Add remainder of jelly and freshly ground pepper to the drippings.
- Heat on high until thickened--this may happen quite quickly, so pay attention.
- Pour over chicken, serve, and enjoy.
Twitter - Facebook