- Pork trotters, 2 each (mine were grass fed!!)
- garlic, 8 cloves
- vegetable stock, 1 box
- collard greens, 2 bunches, cut in strips
- juice of one pink grapefruit
- juice of one meyer lemon
- water to cover
- Place trotters, peeled garlic cloves, vegetable stock, and fruit juices in crock pot.
- Add enough water to cover trotters.
- Cook on low for at least five hours.
- Add collards to crock pot.
- Cook until collards are tender.
- Strain, separating bones.
- Reserve stock for soup, etc!!
- Makes enough for two generous servings and works as a main dish for low protein folks or a side dish for higher protein folks.
- Use 1/2 c cider vinegar (or so) to more adequately break down meat and bones.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Twitter - Facebook