- fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
- Muir Glen Organic Whole Peeled Tomato, 28-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12), drained, juice reserved
- 2 eggs from range fed chickens
- leftover ham from Christmas dinner
- liquid from two cans of Campbell's chicken noodle soup
- risotto mix from Il Fornaio
- dry thyme
- Combine soup liquid and tomato liquid in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Blanch Brussels sprouts in the liquid.
- While Brussels sprouts are cooking, combine chopped ham with well-drained tomatoes and season mix with dry thyme. Combine two eggs.
- Layer Brussels sprouts on bottom of oven safe pan.
- Layer tomato mixture over Brussels sprouts.
- Bake at 350 F until done.
- While this is cooking, make the risotto per package instructions, using the soup liquid-tomato liquid mixture as the cooking liquid.
--- Twitter - Facebook
(C) Laura Springer
Laura's Writings by Laura Springer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.