|Pork roast with sweet potatoes, half eaten...sorry. I forgot to take the beauty shot.|
- Pork loin
- Garlic (as much as your heart desires)
- Gray Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
- Sweet Potatoes
- Combine dry spices and salt (I used about a teaspoon for the entire roast) and mix with enough olive oil to make a paste.
- Let the mixture rest for a half hour or so for the spices to soak up some oil.
- Rub the mixture on the roast and allow the meat to come to room temperature.
- Set oven for 425 F.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into quarters and place on the bottom of a oven safe pot (I used the cast iron fry pan).
- When meat is to room temp and oven is hot, place roast on top of sweet potato pieces and put in hot oven for 10 minutes to sear the meat.
- Reduce oven temp to 250 F and roast until meat reaches the proper temperature (or until the little doneness indicator pops out--assuming your roast has one).
- When done, remove from oven and allow to rest before cutting.
--- Twitter - Facebook
(C) Laura Springer
Laura's Writings by Laura Springer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.