I WON'T FORGET ANYMORE!

The Sunday Collegium is studying through Playing With Fire by Walt Russell, Ph.D., Professor of Bible Exposition, Talbot School of Theology. This week, we read through page 24.

A burning heart from the understood Word. This should be one of our most desired experiences as children of God. p.19

God and His Son highly esteem us in our ability to understand their revelation. p.22

What this means is that if you want some life-changing 'heartburn' you must take and eat the Word of God for yourself. A burning heart comes from the understood Word. p. 24
Somewhere along the line I had forgotten my own rule: pick up a fork and feed yourself. Sure, I did it for myself--no problem there. But I fed my students pablum, all the while insisting they pick up a fork. What I forgot was the passion, the draw of the Word, the emotional response when you get it, the visceral response when it gets you. I forgot.

Right now, at this moment, I do not forget. I read this book and remember. I read it with them and see over the horizon an amazing thing.


Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.
John 17:17 ESV



Tag(s):

See CC License


“Unless otherwise noted Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.” http://www.esv.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment