SO MAYBE IT'S FALSE HUMILITY...

I don't do birthdays. Even as a child, I had to be forced to attend and participate in my own parties. So, over the years I have had to learn to be gracious. I'm still working on it.

My non-celebration has been narrowed to an absolute refusal to participate in surprise parties (this refusal is real; I'm actually rude enough to leave, so don't do it) and not asking for presents (I've always found that to be a bit presumptuous anyhow). On the other hand, I graciously accept paid for meals and presents :-).

So, what's up with this post? My birthday is around the corner (a day, by the way, with which I had little to do but exist). So, in an effort to make my own graciousness more likely, I've posted my amazon gift list link in the side bar. Please note: I'm not asking, really (and this is not a ruse, just ask Ann). I'm just equipping--it's what I do.

On the other hand, if you a gift-giver, be a considerate one and give the receiver something they actually like (I have no desire and little ability to fake graciousness).

Tag(s):

See CC License


“Unless otherwise noted Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.” http://www.esv.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment