The Moleskine Returns

In writing my dissertation proposal these past months, I've not printed one article and very, very few drafts--at least on paper. Save-as-PDF and the CutePDF printer app have come in handy for programs/docs/sites with no PDF output capacity. I notate, outline, draft, and edit using Adobe on my Samsung Tab2. It's been amazing.

But something is missing: writing on paper. Sketching ideas with pen and paper creates a headspace that writing on a screen just cannot accomplish for me. Maybe it's the embodied-ness of it. Maybe it's the time sitting at a table, alone with pen and paper. At any rate, this first day of the fall 2014 term, the Moleskine returns.

---
Twitter
Facebook
(C) Laura Springer
Creative Commons License
Musings of a peripatetic wannabe-sage by Laura Springer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License..

No comments:

Post a Comment