Bringing my dirty feet again and again

Every year at our church camp out, I spend the weekend not washing my feet. While there are certain eew factors, the practice reminds me of the need to come to Christ daily to clean up the places where my soul touches the world (sometimes all too happily, I might add). It reminds me how fast the stains can accumulate. The washing on Sunday also reminds me how effective water is at removing the dirt. Funny that.

Jesus said to him, “The one who has bathed does not need to wash, except for his feet, but is completely clean. And you are clean, but not every one of you.”  For he knew who was to betray him; that was why he said, “Not all of you are clean.” John 13:10 ESV (Read the chapter)

--- Twitter - Facebook
(C) Laura Springer
Creative Commons License
Laura's Writings by Laura Springer is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 United States License.

No comments:

Post a Comment