GOD IS LIGHT LECTIO

1 John 1:5 (lks translation)
And this is the announcement...
that God is light
and darkness-in-him is not, not at all.
Meditatio
What does light do?
makes details and colors visible
warms
purifies
shows things as they are
plays
travels
cannot be ovecome except by removing access to the source of the light

Oratio
There are things in my life that are hidden in the shadows--at least as far as others and myself are concerned.

In that far quadrant of my personal Johari Window your light shines. There you live, cleaning me from my genetic and self-imposed defilement. I wish quadrant IV were smaller or gone, but I'm glad you're there.

Related post: Translating First John

For any who are curious... BIBLE IN ONE YEAR is becoming BIBLE UNTIL I'M DONE. This will give me processing time for things like this 1 John lectio (for the Collegium).

Tag(s):

No comments:

Post a Comment